The Master in Communication of Science and Innovation (SCICOMM) is a new programme offered by the University of Trento, Department of Sociology and Social Research.
It’s a one-year programme for students who would like to:
• Develop skills to play a key role in communication and public engagement strategies in research organisations, in innovation-oriented work environments, in the area of science culture and research policy
• Be at the forefront of the newest trends and approaches in the communication of science and innovation
• Understand key models and concepts in the field of science communication
• Develop a critical understanding of the potential and limits of contemporary media in shaping the public discourse about science
• Develop skills to critically evaluate the quality of communication strategies, both in relation to organisational aims and audiences’ expectations
• Be able to connect the everyday practice of science and innovation communication with state of the art research about science and technology in society
The working language of the programme is English.